Accepted into the anthology are the following stories and authors:
- "An Abortion" by Matthew Wilson
- "Iso-pentyl acetate" by Lance Manion
- "Route" by Dave Elsensohn
- "One O'Clock and the Birds are Already Gone" by Dave Elsensohn
- "Julliard Jones" by Christy Wiabel
- "On My Honor (The CRA Oath)" by David Perlmutter
- "The Ritual" by Lela Marie De La Garza
- "Briefing" by Scott Hamilton
- "Reverse Scheherazade" by Clyde Liffey
- "Ambassador's Speech" by Brenda Anderson
- "Comakazi" by Dana Jerman
- "Hello, Goodnight" by Dana Jerman
- "Night of the Unified Field" by Dana Jerman
- "Birthday Surprise" by PT Dilloway
- "Seventy-One and Counting" by Tony Laplume
"Project Mayhem" will be released on or by February 5, 2013.
Also, I would like to take this opportunity to announce Mouldwarp Press #2 "Song Remains the Same," which will be another short story anthology, but submission guidelines are considerably different. Word count is between 7,500 and 40,000, so you have a great deal more space to play with this time. There's also a prompt:
Set in your hometown, a group of four friends is rocked by the murder of one of their own, and decides to investigate.
As with "Project Mayhem," there are no genre restrictions. The goal is to produce variations on a single story, so the reader can appreciate the contrasts and similarities as they read the resulting anthology.
Deadline for submissions is December 31, 2013, so you will have a great deal of time to work on this one. I will issue periodic reminders about "Song Remains the Same."