Friday, June 17, 2016

Miss Simon's Moxie is released


I've just released Miss Simon's Moxie, a political satire featuring Miss Simon and Tim Laflamme, two characters who've previously appeared in my fiction, as well as the soft drink Moxie, which is hugely beloved for reasons not entirely to be understood, and celebrated annually in my hometown of Lisbon, ME!  Paperback and ebook versions are available.

Writing this novella was part of my continuing efforts to get back into the swing of writing, and also having shorter things available for interested readers. 

No, that isn't Frank Anicetti on the cover, but it might as well be.  Frank recently retired as the proprietor the Kennebec Fruit Co., which was better known as the Moxie Store.  He's a living legend in Lisbon, and is directly responsible for the Moxie Festival that brings thousands of visitors to town every year (incidentally, this occurs on the second weekend of July, so this coincidental timing is also somewhat fortuitous). 

Even if you've never heard of Moxie, you can also construe the title to indicate Miss Simon herself, because the old gal certainly has moxie, too...

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That's a whole lot of moxie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took real moxie to pull off, let me tell you...

      Delete
  2. Oh good timing, I'm almost done with what I'm reading now and I think I still have my June borrow.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...