Thursday, October 6, 2016

Vampire Books for Blood!


I've gone ahead and listed Pale Moonlight over at Vampire Books for Blood, a nifty concept that is soliciting donations to the American Red Cross and Canadian Blood Services.  If I manage to sell any copies of Pale Moonlight in October, I'll donate a dollar for each one.

I found out about this thanks to C.D. Gallant-King, who it should be noted wrote a book called Hell Comes to Hogtown.  C'mon, it's a great title!

Anyway, even if you're not interested in reading my book (or worse, if you already have), check out what the other participants are offering! 

...Pale Moonlight is a book I wrote seven years ago, shopped around for a while, and then finally self-published two years ago.  The great irony about it is that it was partly inspired by a relationship my sister had that helped her get over an earlier relationship, which itself has since turned out horribly.  If you know comic books at all, it's kind of written in the fashion of Neil Gaiman's Sandman, in which the story kind of becomes a series of stories in the process of trying to explain how the priest Plato Finnegan manages to confront the vampire who has been preying on his sister, even though he seems to be the least qualified member of the heroic ensemble that assembles around her, including a Van Helsing type and a man who describes himself as a modern pirate (but not in the Captain Phillips way).  The thing about Plato is that in a weird metaphysical way he's also a dragon.  Yeah, it's that kind of story...

3 comments:

  1. I didn't even know about VBfB! I think that's a great idea! Love that they are donating to the Red Cross and Canadian Blood Services. Hopefully if anyone is on the fence about buying your book, they will purchase it this month knowing that extra dollar is going to a good cause. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that it's promotional and for a good cause.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...