Monday, January 1, 2018

Goals 2018

Looking ahead at the new year, I'm hoping to get a few things I have control over accomplished.

The first of them is a project I'm currently calling Dirty Animals.  It's a comic book, and it's the first time I'm taking an active stance at breaking into the medium.  I've currently got an artist working on the sample eight pages I'll need to potentially interest publishers, and once they're complete I'll hopefully find someone to letter them.  And we'll see from there.  I don't want to go on and on about it at this point, but there it is, first time I mention it here.

The second is writing the sequel to Sapo Saga, which is something I've been working on in notes for a while.  That's my preferred method to working on a new story, working on notes, just seeing how far the development can get.  As far as I'm concerned, if you haven't put in the time with your version of notes, it'll show, and it's the worst literary crime a writer can do, because it always shows, when a writer hasn't thought their story out, aside from whether or not they actually have the technical skills to write a competent story.  It's the thing fans think they're on top of, when discussing movies, the hottest topic of discussion in Western culture, but again, it always shows how little they've actually thought any of it through.  There's a huge difference between an emotional and an intellectual reaction. 

So anyway, that's the two things I intend to work on.  And I'm sure there will be other things.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with both these projects. I hope you achieve both in 2018.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to have goals. I'm assuming since I didn't like The Last Jedi you think it's the greatest Star Wars movie ever put to film. 😁👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually struggled with it for a while. Not my favorite, but I came around.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...