Sunday, December 2, 2012

Mouldwarp Press #1 "Project Mayhem" now accepting submissions

That's the extremely lousy publishing label that exists on the back of Monorama for anyone who's gotten the print edition.  It's also going to be my new zine/anthology title.

The idea is simple enough.  Mouldwarp Press #1 "Project Mayhem" is going to feature micro fiction of 250 words per story, and it is now open for submissions.  You can write whatever you want, whatever genre, just so long as it falls at or under 250 words.

There's no trick at all to this.  If I like what I read, I will print it in the zine/anthology, with whatever editing is necessary.  I will provide feedback to every submission, whether accepted or rejected.  All you have to do is email your entry to bandido@gmail.com and we'll go from there.  Put the submission in the body of the email.  Submissions will be open through the end of the month, or as long as it takes to get a good amount (I guess I'll find out).

The zine/anthology will be published via CreateSpace (in print) and Kindle (e-book).  There will be no pay upfront, although let's be serious, you're writing a tiny amount of words.  If you make any money off this, you're already ahead in the game.

As a special bonus, if you want to provide a picture or snapshot along with your entry, it may be chosen as the cover of the collection (because I am not a qualified artist) and you will have my undying gratitude (although if I become a zombie, this contract will be null and void).

Bottom line, this should be fun!  Pass word along and thanks a million!

9 comments:

  1. All the flash fiction I wrote recently is much more than 250 words but I can probably come up with something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I quickly figured out in my WRiTE CLUB and Shootout experiences (heavily chronicled on this blog) this past summer, the shorter the story the easier I'm able to deal with it en masse, and especially with WRiTE CLUB, that even 500 words seemed to be too much for some writers, that they started to try and be more expansive than necessary. That's the reason for 250 words. It's easy to write and shows very easily and quickly whether you CAN write. That's the whole idea.

      And yes, "Project Mayhem" is named in honor of that experience. (Thanks DL!)

      Delete
  2. This sounds great. I've been doing a series of short stories each exactly 250 words, including the title. Do you have a theme?

    As it turns out, I only just decided to do something like this, too -- over on "lit," http://www.nonsportsmanlikeconduct.com. Ignore the URL. But I'll help you out however I can. I'm into short stories these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No theme. I'll be grouping similar entries together, but other than that you can write whatever you want, even if it involves strange noises emanating from cheese.

      Delete
  3. This sounds interesting. I shall try to spread the word.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gave you a boost on Thinking The Lions and on lit today. I plan on submitting something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgot: you won the free (e)book of mine for commenting on part 3 of Fright Before Xmas... list is here,

    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=ntt_athr_dp_sr_1?_encoding=UTF8&field-author=Briane%20Pagel&search-alias=digital-text

    Let me know which one you want!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Santa, Godzilla, & Jesus! How could it be any other?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...