Saturday, December 29, 2018

Crisis Weekly, the tenth.

Crisis Weekly #10.

I don't necessarily have a lot to talk about this time, except to note that Jack Ryder as depicted here is being inspired by Tom Hardy's Eddy Brock in Venom.  Bloodwynd, too, as revealed last installment, is inspired in part by Cormoran Strike, the amputee detective in J.K. Rowling's Robert Gailbraith mysteries (who is himself inspired, I'm sure, by Rowling's own "Mad-Eye" Moody from the Harry Potter books).  And, since we're talking inspiration here, some of Rachel "Bulletproof" Rogerson's arc is inspired by the movie Isle of Dogs, which I love.

So there's that! 

4 comments:

  1. I loved Isle of Dogs too. It's always so interesting to hear where other people find their inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to read and watch stuff that inspires me. Even stuff that disappoints me can lead to a story, or at least an idea.

      Delete
  2. Is Rachel one of the dogs or the human?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She might be one of the humans. Or one of the dogs. You tell me.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...