Sunday, January 12, 2020

Sunshine Blogger Award


Hey, just saw that I got this from my longtime blogging pal Armchair Squid, so let's get to answering some questions.  (You can see more of what the Sunshine Blogger Award is supposed to entail, if the recipient chooses, on Squid's blog.)

  1. If you could live one year of your life over again, which year would you choose and why?   The year I spent raising my niece, the Burrito, more or less singlehandedly, because that was the best, most magical year of my life.  And I would try to be less grumpy in the grumpy moments (which had nothing to do with the Burrito herself).
  2. If you could learn to be an expert at something without putting in the work, what would it be? The stuff I need to research in order to write some of the stuff I want to write.  That would make writing that stuff so much easier!
  3. If you could learn a new language instantly, which would you choose and why? It's not really a "new" language for me, but mastering French would be nice.  Because despite taking classes in high school and college, I really only ever considered it a nuisance.  But it disconnects me from my past, and that sucks.
  4. If you could give $1 million to any charity, which would you choose? I don't have any particular charities in mind.  Generally for needy folk, I guess.  But isn't that kind of the point?  I would start with the people I know, and then the communities I know, and then maybe something I don't know at all, because charity isn't really about what you know, but what you don't.
  5. When was your Robert Frost moment a la "Two roads diverged in a yellow wood..."?  The poem (read it here) says you can't go back and that is true.  "Way leads on to way" and so forth.  But if you could, would you?  What is the difference you think it would have made?  I've often wondered what it would've done to my life if I'd decided to stay in the general vicinity of the college I graduated from, if that would've spurred me to different creative realms, because that was what a classmate planned to do, and she generally seemed to have a much better idea of the writer's life than I did (or do).  But changing the past means sacrificing a lot of stuff I really would not want to change, not the least of which being that I probably would never have had the magical year with the Burrito (and that has made all the difference).
  6. Time travel: where would you go and when?  Why? A few years into the past.  Just to be able to experience the Star Wars phenomenon from the beginning, I suppose.  Sneak into a theater.  Nobody would notice.
  7. Who would you want on your fictional character bowling team?  You get to pick four. I said elsewhere the Pin Pals (from The Simpsons) or the Wesley Crushers (from The Big Bang Theory).  I can't come up with anything better.
  8. What would you want for your last meal? Pizza.  Whatever else, but definitely pizza.  I'm a pizza guy.
  9. What's your favorite song? I can only say "at the moment," as in "from the recent past," and that would be "Not Tonight" from Hootie & the Blowfish's new album, Imperfect Circle.  I've had it stuck in my head.  Love it.  Love that I love the new stuff enough to have, organically, at least one song stuck in my head.  They're my all-time favorite band.  Glad they finally got back together.
  10. Are you an introvert or an extrovert? Definitely introvert.  If I can avoid people, I'm fine.  I can do the people thing okay, but when others are wondering how they could possibly survive any kind of isolation experience, I'm really only wondering, Will there be books?
  11. If you came over to my home and I offered you a drink, what would you want me to serve you? I'm not fussy.  A cool glass of water.  Cheerwine or Moxie, if you happen to have it (extremely unlikely as that would be).  But a cool glass of water is easily doable, and I really do love it.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I haven't seen one of these in a while. Hootie and Blowfish, really? I have their first album but like most of the world gave up on them after that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd take Pizza or Thai food.
    Someone else picked the guys from the Big Lebowski. Not sure how well they'd do bowling, but it would be entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought someone picked the guys from Kingpin. But I was probably mistaken. They were probably from Lebowski.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...