Sunday, February 9, 2020

Updates February 2020

Been working on A Squire's History of Oz recently, a nonfiction project I've been meaning to realize for a little while now.  I also have some more submissions I'll be tackling, one of them that's due in about a week and the story for which I figured out this morning.  Tentatively calling it "Rest Stop."  The other is centered around Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea, otherwise known as the Captain Nemo story.  I actually read it a few years back for the first time, and was amazed at how compelling the first part of it, before Nemo is even introduced, actually was.  There's a Jules Verne park here in Tampa, so I almost feel compelled to work on this one.

Apart from these, I have Three Stooges Syndrome, in that there are of course larger projects I want to begin tackling, that I've mentioned here before, one of which (Collider) I worked on the outline for after previously tackling it anew last October, just before the blood-in-the-eye thing happened, which sort of derailed me for a while, and they keep butting up against each other.  And then I follow links in emails for shorter pieces I can submit, and...Oh, and I also worked on formatting another of the poetry collections, so that's another thing, and finally ordered copies of the last one I put out.

Plus, wrote about what I'm working on here, at the blog, which I don't do often enough.  Or perhaps the commentary I was doing a year ago for another project still leaves me feeling guilty...

4 comments:

  1. So is A Squire's History of Oz about the Wizard of Oz or Australia or Oz the TV show? Or something else?

    You're making me feel lazy with all that stuff. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're certainly keeping yourself busy! Good luck with all your projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try. The Oz thing has been interesting to tackle.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...