Saturday, March 7, 2020

Falling Toward Oz

Just a quick note:

This week I became glad I hadn't decided I was more or less done preparing A Squire's History of Oz, because it occurred to me that I could add one more thing to it: "Falling Toward Oz."

Which, by the way, I haven't written yet, but that's hardly a problem!  "Falling Toward Oz" will be my version of Oz, which for a book celebrating Baum's Oz and the many versions that have followed, seemed about right for someone who thinks of himself first as a writer of fiction.

So that's hopefully something I'm going to write, or start writing, this week, and hopefully tackle some other stuff as well.

6 comments:

  1. A Tony Laplume version of Oz? Color me intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sticking relatively close to Baum's. It had me instantly intrigued. Had to write it.

      Delete
  2. That will be an interesting addition to your book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm intrigued! I've always loved the stories about Oz. Looking forward to seeing your take on it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...