Wednesday, December 2, 2020

IWSG December 2020

 The first Wednesday of every month ye members of the Insecure Writers Support Group wake up cold (wait, that isn’t right; that’s me, today) or maybe blog, typically responding to a given question, which this month is:

Are there times of the year you’re more productive?

To which I will say...No? Recently, anyway, I’ve tackled smaller projects all year long. I haven’t really tackled (well, without it being eaten by a computer, may ye Rest In Peace, Squire’s History) (“ye” apparently being my word of the day) since about...2013. When I was rallying back in 2016 after the death of my mom, I really thought I was getting back into the flow of it, but I still have yet to tackle another original book-length manuscript. 

Usually I will wait until I can’t wait anymore to write, when everything seems to have percolated, or it just feels right. With shorter works this is easy enough. With longer works, at least recently, I seem to simply come up with even more concept revisions. The Great Computer Eatening did that, but I imagine to the benefit of the project I still think is next on the docket. I had another significant breakthrough on what needed to happen the other week.

Which is to say, maybe I start before the end of the year? Or the start of the next?

All of which is to say, if this be ye group for insecurity, my chief insecurity as a writer being...not having a fixed pattern. Thanks a lot, Question of the Month!

11 comments:

  1. Ye poor writer...
    You might just be in the groove with the short stories and just whenever they hit you.
    Cold here today - thirty-two degrees right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cold in Florida means what, 60 degrees? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We’ve been 45° the past few mornings. Florida cold.

      Delete
  3. Sometimes short stories are the best way to tell the story you want to tell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. I hate the idea of writing at length just to do so.

      Delete
  4. 23 degrees, real feel 10, here. Not having a fixed pattern...That's me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, there's plenty of variety. Gonna be 60+ today.

      Delete
  5. I apologize for coming up with this month's question. But, at least it got the juices - and emotions - going! Any day is a good day to tackle anything. Except when it is too cold. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah. It’s the Insecure Writers club for a reason!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...