Saturday, November 27, 2021

Kindle Vella adventures continue

 I just submitted the eleventh installment of Nine Panel Grid at Kindle Vella, which is the halfway point for the story.  Like Aronnax it isn't exactly blowing up in popularity (actually, like any of my works!), but at least with this one I would totally understand readers not at all understanding what it is that it's supposed to be accomplishing.  This one's very much something that appeals to my sensibilities.  I would have to be someone readers already care about in order to care about it, and that isn't part of this reality, so...!

The good news is I already have another Kindle Vella project lined up, and I think it will be an easier sell.  It's called Ex-Ray: Event Fatigue, and I'm going to try and be conventional with this one.  Really!  Try!  With me this is always a difficult proposition.  Once I sketch it out I will probably even be writing it simultaneously with Nine Panel, and it'll be a longer story.

As I wrote last time I checked in, I submitted Seven Thunders to an agent last weekend, and said agent somehow thought it was a great idea to get back to me on Thursday with a rejection notice.  So that was pretty cool.  Maybe they were having a really bad Thanksgiving, apparently having to work an' all, I don't know.  It may have contributed to how yesterday began playing out for me, but realistically, everyone who participates in this game struggles to get in, and since I have been playing so poorly it doesn't really surprise me to still be on the bench, but I'm determined not to give up.  I'm gonna persist.  

I did just send out Christmas presents, including this year's collection, Gracie, which I would like to believe is another opportunity to at least convince my family I'm worth rooting for, but who knows?  I had fun writing it, anyway.

3 comments:

  1. Did you get any bonuses on your Vella stories? I got one for last month and I didn't even have many readers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, I agree with your review about the latest episode of Discovery; there was way too much stuff going on so it couldn't appropriately focus on anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW, on your November rewatches entry I really liked Solaris. But I suppose since it was directed by and starred the team behind the Ocean's Eleven remake a year or two earlier it was easy for critics not to take it seriously and for the public it is a fairly slow movie. I watched it on Thanksgiving the year it came out and while the theater wasn't empty it was far from full either. I recall from watching the extras that James Cameron was originally going to direct; one can only wonder how different the response would have been if he had gone through with that.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...