Saturday, November 26, 2022

Event Fatigue published

 


You see that?  I tried doing an actual cover again, using, as I had the last time I did, Canva, and I think it's a decent one, but I'm not particularly objective about it, now am I?

This is of course Event Fatigue, the third and most recent of my Kindle Vella projects, a superhero story, but more specifically about mutants.  Watching the X-Men movies over the years, especially the ones featuring the soft reboot starting First Class in which we follow the younger Professor X and Magneto as they start out being friends and watching the relationship evolve from that point (everyone says Apocalypse was a terrible failure, but I don't agree), and even feature far more cooperation between them than standard continuity suggests possible, I began to wonder what it would be like to totally reexamine all that, what it would be like to explore a mutant team and community where there develops a split in the ranks.  

I had come up with a list of mutants for an otherwise unrelated project, and the idea for this story seemed like a perfect opportunity to finally use them.  As usually happens when I develop an idea, the simplistic setup I started with didn't work out when I actually started writing it, and so that cover image, not quite the one I had for the Kindle Vella site but very close, becomes a joke you'll really just have to read the book to find out.  

Since it was already the longest story I've written in about a decade, it's also the longest book I've published in the smallest format (5" by 8") Kindle has, which I've used for all the material I've published since 2016 (and the same as what I used for all the Mouldwarp Press Presents anthologies, dating back to 2013).

You can buy Event Fatigue on Amazon at this link.

With the three other works of fiction I've announced previously, two volumes of poetry, and this year's Christmas collection, that's seven books I've published this year thanks to Kindle.  

5 comments:

  1. I didn't think Vella stories were supposed to be anywhere else but I suppose they might not really pay much attention to paperbacks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, it might be hard for me to compare my 2016 movie reviews to yours since there are quite a few I hadn't watched.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading it on Vella, currently. Enjoying it so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, in case you're following replies, I'll add a comment here, too. You're a good friend.

      Delete
  4. Herb, I really appreciate your reading it on Vella.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...