Sunday, July 28, 2024

A new Kindle Vella project: A Most Excellent Fancy

In the ordinary course of events, Kindle Vella announced it was holding a contest, and eventually I heard about it, and came up with a story for it:

A Most Excellent Fancy

This is my fourth Vella, following somewhat belatedly from the others after tackling two novel manuscripts in the past few years.  Given the rapid nature of the affair, I somewhat calculatedly followed the minimum guidelines (at least ten chapters, at least 10,000 words), which I was able to accommodate given all my writing experience with little difficulty.

Since Vella, as with much of the internet, is geared toward the fancies of the young, I don't know how likely I am, as ever, to spontaneously appeal to their interests, but it's fun to pretend I might otherwise pique some readers.  

Given the timetable (August 20), I buckled down yesterday and got about half the thing done (the first chapter was written a week ago), with the most important, and crucial, material to go, including a fun final chapter and a bonus one to act as coda.

Happily, this project speaks to what I wrote earlier this year (The Children's Crusade), and what I'm tackling next (Abigail Only).

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...