Friday, August 3, 2018

Exemplar!

I'll be headed to the Tampa Comic Con tomorrow, my first full-sized con visit.  If I'd had my kit together, I might have tried to get a table there.  I'll still try to make connections. 

BOLO!  That's one of those trendy acronyms (be on the lookout).  But it's also the name I decided on for the Big Foot comic I previously talked about as Dirty Animals.  I'm talking about it again because it's something I can hopefully circle back around to soon.  All I need is lettering done and I have eight sample pages to shop around.  I had the art completed earlier this year, and then things went kind of screwy and I had to put the project in a holding pattern. 

Obviously I had another existential crisis recently, but then I wrote a different comic book script earlier this week, a MillarWorld writing prompt challenge involving a Superman analog named Exemplar.  I think it turned out well.  Anyway, it's a full-length script that can easily be used as a writing sample, too.  Between that and BOLO, I'm starting to feel a tad bit of confidence about the future again.

We'll see...

7 comments:

  1. You'll still have a good time and be able to network. You can also scope out if it's worth it to get a table there next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a neat time high fiving celebrities - it really makes all the difference when one remembers your name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading this made me happy. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So how'd it go? Where are all your selfies with celebs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My niece got a picture with Brent Spiner. He signed it to "a fine human."

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...