Sunday, September 30, 2018

Crisis Weekly...somewhat delayed

Last time I checked in I mentioned a project called Crisis Weekly.  The next time I checked in I really ought to have already started it.  But then computer issues, yo.  I'm still working on resolving them, and hopefully that will happen soon, and I can begin writing Crisis Weekly, and hopefully also the Christmas 2018 poem, Did You...Go the Heart of an Active Volcano?, too.

Long story short about Crisis Weekly: it's going to be a series of weekly (wow!) comic book scripts.

Slightly longer story about the 2018 Christmas poem: I've been writing a Christmas poem every year for a number of years.  At first they were written for my parents, but after my mom passed away I started doing them with the whole family in mind, although increasingly with my niece in mind.  This will be the second year she'll have provided the inspiration for one, although technically I'm the one who came up with it, based on an actual question I used to ask her about what she was doing at daycare.  (Yeah.  I'm a little nutty.)

5 comments:

  1. That's really nice of you to do the Christmas family for your family. If you keep doing them about your niece, that will be something she'll treasure when she's older.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wrote a couple of poems about each of my children as they were growing up and I know at least one still has hers and shows it to her friends. Cool idea. Oh, and every family needs a (nice) nutty uncle, especially on holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alex, I really hope she does! She's got a copy of the 2016 poem, and I still need to add last year's.

    Herb, I hope I'm more of a "cool" uncle than "nutty" uncle, but I get what you mean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My humblest and most obsequious apologies. Of course I meant 'cool.'

      Delete
  4. I never thought to write poems for my nieces. I just give them toys that they break in about five minutes. lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...