Saturday, February 23, 2019

Crisis Weekly nineteen

Crisis Weekly #19.

This one's another creative departure.  When I began considering writing it as something other than the usual narrative, I wanted to go with eight separate perspectives, but then I wondered if it would be more interesting, and more impactful, if it followed a single person as they aged.

The story itself takes the place of a huge moment that will otherwise not be depicted (two more installments, after all, with two other big things left to do), which I thought I could get away with, since the character who dies already had a big fight earlier, and I didn't really want to cover the same narrative ground.  The moments that stick out for me, in this thing, are the ones where I took risks, where I allowed myself to deviate, to try something different.  I think if this were a comic book, that's what would stand out for readers, too. 

This is the third installment this week, although technically only the second, as I delayed last week's for one of them.  If you remember, I skipped a week at Thanksgiving, so I'm really just catching up.  The first time I wrote a double-length script I told myself that's what I was doing, but as far as having the material for something that was supposed to be weekly, as advertised in the title, there really ought to have been, on average, enough scripts to cover every week.  So now there are, and so we're back on track.

Not that you cared.

2 comments:

  1. It was different like that documentary series that follows people every 7 years.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...