Saturday, May 25, 2019

Fun Facts About Tony! Favorite Yogurt

Hey, so here's something different:

My favorite indulgence at the moment (I kind of overdid it, I think, with peanut butter in recent years, forgetting, perhaps, that "indulgence" shouldn't mean overindulging) is Oui yogurt from Yoplait. 

I call it "French Heritage Yogurt," because, well, of my French heritage.  You can see that on the labeling itself it's "French Style Yogurt."  I have no idea if that's just a marketing gimmick.  I really don't care.  What I know is that it's absolutely delicious.

You may recall or be enduring it right now, the Greek-style fad that took over yogurt a few years back.  I tried it back at the start, and was fooled into thinking it was a good thing.  I remember telling a coworker, "Yeah, I liked it, but then I went with the safe bet, the vanilla flavor."  (Approximate dialogue.)  Vanilla is a can't-miss flavor.  I've actually called it my favorite ice cream in the past.  It's just hard to screw up.  But it can also mask deficiencies.  I ended up not liking Greek yogurt, thank you.

I've had all the available varieties of Oui and have enjoyed all of them.  I suppose I really ought to confirm that I can find it other than where I've been getting it, since that avenue will be closing off soon. 

Part of the charm and I admit it's a silly one, is that it comes in little glass jars.  I'm not usually someone who insists on "classy," but as yogurt containers go, it just seems classy.  Or glassy.  Anyway.  I like to keep souvenirs of this sort of thing (such as cans and/or bottles left over from the equally delightful Cheerwine cherry soda that's regionally available but hard to find even in-region, unless Publix is stocking it in their novelty soda selection, or I find myself at Cracker Barrel), so naturally I've got an empty one socked away.

Anyway, if you're looking for yogurt recommendations, there you go.

5 comments:

  1. It's been a few years since I tried a real yogurt. Had the soy ones recently and they weren't bad. And wow, I didn't think they even made Cheerwine anymore. It's really hard to find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really hard! I discovered it in Florida a few years back, and figured, after coming back here to live, it'd be easy to find again. How wrong I was!

      Delete
  2. The only yogurt I use is plain Greek yogurt in a pretty good recipe for low fat wraps. Basically the yogurt replaces cheese and/or dressing. Though since wraps can be messy I usually just put the stuff in a bowl: grilled chicken, yogurt, peppers (and/or onions or whatever you like), and shredded low carb tortillas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I basically hate wraps. They have to be really well wrapped not to inevitably cause a mess. Why would I want to eat something that will definitely cause a mess? How old am I?

      Delete
    2. That's why I put it in the bowl. Much less mess.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...